• Narrow band UVB light treatment uses the optimal part of the UVB light spectrum which slows growth of psoriasis lesions or re-pigmentation of one's natural skin coloring.
• Exposure time of narrowband UVB lamps can be longer than with traditional broadband UVB yielding more effective results. Recent studies have shown 75% clearing (PASI 75) with narrowband UVB.
• Erythemal response (similar to sunburn) is nearly eliminated with narrowband UVB light.
• Risks and side effects of other treatments such as systemic drugs have not been found with narrowband UVB light therapy.
• Psoriasis - Narrowband UVB light treatment provide faster clearing, less sun burning, and more complete disease resolution than traditional UVB and is much safer than biologics.
• Vitiligo - Narrowband UVB lights are proving to be very useful in the treatment of Vitiligo. Narrowband UVB light treatment is replacing traditional PUVA phototherapy treatment. UVB narrowband lamps for vitiligo require no photo-sensitizing agents.
© Copyright 2017 Northeast Dermatology Associates, P.C.
All Rights Reserved. Privacy Practices